It all just had to go and it was tough.
My shed was filled with bicycles that my children had outgrown years ago. Giving the bicycles away was like giving away a piece of my past that I loved and cherished – and could never reclaim.
After the bikes were gone, though, the clutter was gone and the space was cleaner than it had been since we moved into our home. I felt lighter, too.
Letting go, whether it be of material items or emotional baggage, enables us to clean the slate and start fresh.
Letting go, though, must be accompanied by redemption so that we can move forward, feel more at peace and live more fulfilling lives.
As human beings, we’re meant to make mistakes. We’re also meant to learn from them. That means that once in a while we may tell a white lie or yell at our kids, but that doesn’t mean we’re liars or bad parents. If we keep lying and yelling, though, that’s a major warning sign that we need to get to the root of our unacceptable behavior so that we can redeem ourselves and move forward (i.e., let go).
There are many driving factors that cause us to act inappropriately, including:
1. Poor eating habits. People who consume large amounts of animal meat often have big tempers. People who eat copious amounts of junk food tend to be irritable.
2. An unhealthy relationship.
3. A period of stress from being overwhelmed with life.
4. A major loss (e.g., death, laid off from a job, divorce, etc.).
5. An illness.
Einstein stated “A person starts to live when he can live outside himself.” What are tangible steps that enable us to redeem ourselves, let go and start to live:
5. Spending time alone in nature
6. Contributing to society
7. Journal writing
I founded JOOS with two purposes in mind. To show people:
1. How vibrant, balanced and in control they feel when they consume largely an organic plant rich diet; and,
2. How we’re able to regroup and get ourselves back on track through mindful healthy eating habits.
Let it all go by doing a fresh-pressed, organic juice cleanse, which will enable you to get back on the path to empowered and losing weight.
The JOOS team of certified health coaches/cleanse experts will support you through this week long experience of consuming a plant-rich diet so that you can see how energized, balanced and in-control you feel.