So easy to feel absolutely fabulous right at this particular moment. It’s a bright sunny day. I am sitting in a beautiful, uncluttered, beautifully decorated home overlooking the water. My dogs are playing outside. My favorite fruits are in season: blueberries, plums, nectarines.
So how do I capture this moment in the chaos of every day life?
It’s not easy when there are 4 busy kids running in every direction and a full time thriving business to manage. Those factors, though, are not what cause me the most stress. What causes me the most difficulty is when I fail to listen to my intuition.
There are 2 hurdles to overcome to listen to our gut:
1. With so much clutter and busyness in our lives, we don’t take the time to quiet ourselves so that we can listen from within. Often I’m making snap decisions while driving a child to soccer or ballet. At the end of the day, when I have a second to reflect back, I think what a mistake that decision was, but I’m already stuck in it.
2. Something may appear attractive at the surface and we go with it despite what that little voice within us is telling us.
Here are 5 steps to get more connected and prevent some of the chaos that results in the aftermath of a poor decision:
1. Make certain you have an agreement up front so that expectations are set. Many of us entrepreneurs can be trusting. Big mistake! Get a contract signed and do not move forward despite how must the other party pushes.
2. Do not make quick decisions over the phone. Take time in the morning or night when it’s more peaceful so that you have time to reflect on it.
3. Don’t allow anyone to push you into a decision.
4. Avoid talking to anyone when you’re feeling agitated. Nothing good will come from it. Wait until you’ve settled down and back in command.
5. Make certain you take care of yourself: When I’m overwhelmed, I turn to cleansing and running outdoors. What is it for you that puts your mind at ease?
We seek a full life filled with peace and love. In order to achieve that, we must feel balanced and in control of our lives.
At JOOS, we have teamed with among the most prominent health coaches with years of experience who are here to support you to get back on track: Stephanie Elkind, Anne Gulick and Nina Manolson of Smokin’ Hot Mom.
Sign up for a cleanse and receive their coaching so that you can get on the path to a more vibrant, invigorated you!