1. Are you sleeping enough? The best sleeping hours are between 10pm and 4 am. Many of us need 7 hours of sleep.
2. Are you drinking enough pure water? Remember, we’re supposed to be drinking approximately half our body weight in ounces of pure water?
3. Are you eating a large enough breakfast and lunch?
4. Are you drinking too much coffee? I’ll get into coffee in another newsletter, but simplistically put, when we consume caffeine, we are using energy that we don’t have and ultimately, we end up feeling tired.
5. Are you feeling stressed?
6. Are you eating a high acidic diet of fried foods, processed and refined foods, animal protein, sugary, high glycemic foods?
7. Are you exercising too intensively and not giving your body time to rest?
8. Are you pacing yourself throughout the day or running around like a maniac?
9. Related to number 8, are you giving yourself a time during the day for quiet reflection and gratitude. I know this may sound hokey to many of us, but I started meditating for 20 minutes EVERY DAY and I can’t tell you enough the calming benefits the practice has given me.
10. Related to no.6, are you drinking nutrient rich foods. Try drinking at least one JOOS per day – 2 even better – you will notice a difference.
I would love to hear your suggestions how to prevent the afternoon blues.