JOOS is thrilled to add grapefruit to our flavor, Citrus Refresh, and you may be surprised to learn all of its incredible health benefits, including:
- Immune system booster, thanks to the high amount of Vitamin C. Several studies suggest that Vitamin C-rich foods may help reduce cold symptoms or severity of cold symptoms.
- Reduce the severity of inflammatory conditions, such as asthma, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis, also due to the high amount of Vitamin C and organic salicylic acid.
- Promote cardiovascular health. Researchers in Israel recently found that red and white grapefruit contain powerful antioxidants that may help decrease the risk of heart disease.
- Protect against lung and colon cancer.
- Act as a liver tonic.
- Decrease the risk of calcium oxalate kidney stones.
- Slow down the progression of atherosclerosis.
- Inhibit tumor formation, since grapefruits are rich in lycopene (the red color/pigment).
- Reduce cholesterol levels. The February 2006 issue of the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, scientists found that serving heart by-pass patients the equivalent of one grapefruit a day significantly reduced cholesterol levels.
- Promote weight loss, since it contains high in fat burning enzymes.
What are you waiting for to feel your best?