I know many over-weight people who are starving because they are not consuming the right foods.
They go on yo-yo diets, but these diets are not satisfying or satiating because they involve deprivation, which is NOT sustainable.
How do we lose weight and keep it off without feeling deprived or starved? By implementing the 90/10 rule.
Here's how it works: 90% of the time, we eat whole foods and the remaining 10%, we eat whatever we want.
This Read more [...]
At the Joanne Langione Dance Recital yesterday, at which my 3 daughters performed, mother after mother told me that it was a very difficult week for them. What was in the air? Admittedly, it was an extraordinarily difficult week for me.
Fortunately, there was this little voice inside of me that said, "keep it together because this is going to pass." I took 6 very important steps to carry me through it:
1. I went with the dark mood instead Read more [...]
A mother emailed stating that she watched the movie Forks Over Knives and was confused why she should not consume olive oil.
While I highly regard Forks over Knives, I disagree with that view. There are many studies that show the benefits of olive oil, including that dietary fats are needed for absorption of vitamins and nutrients, lubricates the colon, may help lower your risk of heart disease, normalize blood clotting and benefit insulin levels Read more [...]
As I mentioned in Part 1, there are many misconceptions about what it takes to implement a healthy diet plan forever. Here are 5 more tips:
1. You definitely do NOT have to be perfect!
I hear people say constantly, "I've been good today." When I ask them what that means, they say, "I didn't eat sweets (fried foods, chips, etc.)" This is not sustainable. It is perfectly fine to eat a small dessert after a meal. You just need to make certain Read more [...]